Sunday, October 17, 2010

Thinking...


May 4, 2010

One year ago we were enjoying the last month of Kaleb's life. Of
course we never would have dreamed it at the time, and I guess that's
partly why I am writing this letter. There isn't much I wouldn't give to
hold him in my arms right now and bask in his presence, and I long for
the resurrection when this wish will be reality. So I just want to
remind you to spend time with the people you love - other things just
aren't more important. And also, we must always be ready; we never know
how much time we have left.


I also want to say thank you so much to each person who has prayed for
us, written encouraging emails, and supported us financially. We are
very thankful for all that so many people have done. We received emails
from people all over the world and it means so much to know people are
praying for you. We also are very thankful for time we had to be with
our families. It was very healing.

So, now we are back in Chad. It was hard to come back, but good at the
same time. Life here is very hard and we see so much suffering, That at
times it is hard not to get discouraged, so please continue to pray for us.

The money we received in memory of Kaleb is going toward starting a
nutrition center for the many malnourished children and babies here.
Right now we are looking at land to purchase and we have some One-day
Church buildings that we can put up quickly for housing and the center.
We have talked to the government authorities and received their
blessing, so we are moving forward. Even though we don't have the
building up yet, we are already working with a few babies here and
there. I found one almost two weeks ago now and begged the mother to
bring him so I could feed him. First he had to spend a week in the
hospital for malaria treatment, so during that time I made soy or peanut
milk twice a day and took it to him. It was a lot of work, and he is
such a skeleton, I didn't know if there was any way he could survive,
but so far he has. While I was at the hospital, I noticed another very
malnourished baby, so I started taking him milk as well, but he died the
next day. It is so sad and so needless, so I really pray we will be able
to make a difference for the children here, but more than just feeding
them physically, I hope that we will be leading them to the Bread of
Life as well.

1 comment: