Sunday, October 17, 2010

baby update

May 28

So, I just wanted to update you this am. They baby made it through the night. His head is quite swollen and deformed, but he was sitting up and looked fine. I didn't look at him too closely since he started to fuss when I touched him, so we don't want that! Anyway, keep praying for him.

On another note, we have a dead rat in our well - again! We had one last year too. I thought the water smelled in the shower even the night before last. But we had just had a big rain and during the rain we smelled sewer! Gary finally figured out that the vent from our sewer was under water, so as soon as the water soaked in it was fine, but I just thought what I was smelling was something related to that. Then last night it still smelled, but we had quite a big rain yesterday evening as well, so I wasn't sure. Then when Gary got home from the hospital and took a shower, he realized what it was. So, first thing this am they are working on that, but had a local guy helping and Gary left for a few minutes and he popped the stomach so then it sunk! So, they pumped most of the water out of the well, Gary went to get a better rope and someone is going down in there to clean it out. I guess there's a lot of other gunk in there too. In the mean time, I am very thankful for Jonathan's well and we are bringing in water from there! I ran down to the hospital early to try to get some bleach and they would only give me one liter - they only had 5 left! So, Jonathan is looking for bleach at the market right now. Always something...

So, last night when we saw the baby, Gary asked who the father was, and he was right there. So, Gary said, "If you want to pick a fight, pick a man, not a defenseless child!" A guy nearby said, "he was only trying to beat his wife"! Well, he must have been trying to kill his wife because it was some serious force that hit the poor baby. So, Gary said, "Well, it's not good to beat your wife either! You will kill your kids like this!" The father never said a word, he just stood there obviously very angry! Then when Gary went back they weren't going to do anything for the baby because the father didn't want to pay. (I said, "Lock him up until he does!") So, the father was sitting there messing with a cell phone and talking to his buddies like nothing was wrong, so Gary went over and said he needed to go pay and he said he didn't have money, so Gary took the phone out of his hand. (The hospital has a system so if they don't have money they can pay with whatever they have and the hospital will hold it until they bring the money, or if they never come then the hospital sells it.) The guy said, "It's not mine". Gary said, "I don't care. Go get some money. Do you want a dead kid or a live one?" So the dad actually did go and get some money. It really makes my blood boil and I said last night that he will blame the wife, but that's not all - everyone will blame the wife! It is so frustrating. I really wish I knew how to help the women here, but it just really hit me how low people will go when they do not have Jesus in their heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment