Sunday, December 19, 2010

Waiting for heaven.

Exo with a bucket on top of his head.

On a sad note, Wed we heard that a little boy who lives across the
street from the hospital had fallen in a well and drowned. I immediately
thought of little Exo (I have no idea how to spell it, but that's how
you say it!). He is absolutely adorable and every time I go down to the
hopital if he is anywhere around, he is there to shake my hand and greet
me with a beautiful smile. Actually, sometimes he doesn't even want to
shake hands, but just puts up his hands for you to pick him up. He is
really a charmer and always brings joy to my heart. I was really hoping it wasn't him, but from the description it sounded like his family and
they said it was a boy. He has brothers though, so I still didn't know.
But yesterday, we went down to give our condolences to the family and
they confirmed that it was him. It really makes me so sad to think that
I won't see his beautiful smile when I go down there. I was very
impressed with his father though. Of course he is very sad, but you could tell that he has the comfort that only knowing Jesus gives and you
can be sure that when we get to heaven, I'm going to find Exo by his
beautiful smile and give him the biggest hug ever!

Exo (left) with Bezeel, a neighbor friend.

Exo's family with a student missionary from a year ago. Exo is on her lap.

No comments:

Post a Comment