Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thanksgiving Day

Gary left on Tuesday before Thanksgiving to take Danieal back to Cameroon. He wasn't planning to come back until Friday morning, so we were thinking maybe we would have our TG meal on Friday evening or Sunday. Well, on Wed I commented at lunch time that we were going to have a mini TG on Thurs no matter who was there. We were trying to get together with all the SMs and James and Sarah, but I couldn't get anybody to tell me when, where, etc, so I was just saying I was going to cook a TG lunch anyway! So, Jeremy was here and said, "Can Annie and I come too?" I didn't know if they would be too interested since they aren't American, but I was happy to have company, but the problem was Annie was working til 3pm so we would have to do it for supper. Then Gary called Wed night and he was coming home Thurs morning, so we were ending up with a good number anyway. Then Thurs afternoon about 4 or 5 James called to say they were having dinner at their house with all the SMs at 7pm! :-) So, it's a good thing I was already cooking and we had a nice big potluck, and good fellowship, even though we didn't stay too long since it was so late. One of the boy's mother had sent him a package with everything for a TG meal including recipes, so it was a real treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment